|Occupation|| Providence Hill High School student (formerly)|
Dog groomer/breeder (formerly)
|Relatives|| Mr. Dunne (father) †|
Mrs. Dunne (mother) †
Harry's adoptive father (adoptive father)
Harry's adoptive mother (adoptive mother)
|First Appearance||Dumb and Dumber|
|Portrayed by|| Jeff Daniels (adult)|
Derek Richardson (teenager; Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd)
Bill Fagerbakke (TV series)
Dalton E. Gray (teenager; Dumb and Dumber To)
Lucas Gregory (child)
Harry was born to a loving mother in 1969. He met Lloyd in high school in the year 1986. Sadly, his parents had passed away and was adopted by a sweet Chinese family. He had a dog named Biscuit, who would lick peanut butter from his genitals (as seen in Dumb and Dumber To.) In 1994, he accompanied his best friend and roommate Lloyd Christmas on a cross-country trip to Aspen to deliver a briefcase to Mary Swanson. Twenty years later, he and Lloyd would travel on the road again in search of his potential long-lost daughter.
Harry is an incredibly airheaded and naive gentleman. He is a best friend to the feisty Lloyd Christmas. However, his flaws notwithstanding, he is sweet towards others, and has a gentle spirit. The flighty Harry is also completely ignorant of illegal activities happening right in front of his face. Like Lloyd, Harry also overestimates himself immensely. When he fantasized about him being a good father to Penny, in reality those parenting methods would have gotten him arrested.
However, on some things, he is a tad smarter and more logically minded than Lloyd. Not only is he more literate, he is quite aware that it would be illegal for Lloyd to date, never mind marry, a woman 20 years his junior.
Brave even, when poor little Penny was about to be shot by the vicious Adele, sweet Harry had sacrificed his life to save Penny's, much to hers and Lloyd's horror.
- "FOR GOD'S SAKE JUST GIMME THE DAMN NUMBER!"
- "I say we stay here, we hunt for jobs and we keep saving our money for the worm store. I don't know about you but I am getting sick and tired of running from creditors! I hate those guys! That's why I never went to college!"
- "So you mean Pee Stain's the dad?"
- "She gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her enough or somost, she was seeing another guy. I never did find out who."
- "What are we doing sitting around yapping? Let's eat!"
- "You knew I was crazy about Fraida Felcher, but that didn't stop you did it?!"
- "You're this close, but, there's a drawing board you should be getting back to. Next!"
- "Check out the hotties at 12:00!"
- "Good one, Captain Rob, he does look like a you-know-what."
- "Say, kids, you wouldn't happen to have a cup of warm water, would ya?"