|Occupation|| Providence Hill High School student (formerly)|
Dog groomer/breeder (formerly)
|Relatives|| Mr. Dunne (father) †|
Mrs. Dunne (mother) †
Harry's adoptive father (adoptive father)
Harry's adoptive mother (adoptive mother)
|First Appearance||Dumb and Dumber|
|Portrayed by|| Jeff Daniels (adult)|
Derek Richardson (teenager; Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd)
Bill Fagerbakke (TV series)
Dalton E. Gray (teenager; Dumb and Dumber To)
Lucas Gregory (child)
Harry was born to a loving mother in 1969. He met Lloyd in high school in the year 1986. In 1994, Harry accompanied his roommate and best friend Lloyd Christmas to Aspen to deliver a briefcase to Mary Swanson. Twenty years later, he and Lloyd would travel on the road again to search for his potential long-lost daughter.
Harry is a good natured, yet an incredibly airheaded and childish gentleman, although he showed signs that he was a little bit smarter than Lloyd on some things, like how illegal it would be for Lloyd to marry a woman 20 years his junior. Despite his ditziness, Harry is also more literate and more well read than his younger friend. He was also surprisingly charismatic, as Mary Swanson took quite a shine to him. He was prone to unintentional accidents, which usually brought disaster on himself and/or anyone in the vicinity. Harry also has no clue how to properly speak into a cell phone or intercom. He also tends to forget important events that have happened in his life. For example, when his mother died, he was passed on to a Chinese family. When they told him that he was adopted, he was quite shocked to hear that news. The flighty Harry is also completely ignorant of illegal activities happening right in front of his face. Like Lloyd, Harry also overestimates himself immensely. When he fantasized about him being a good father to Penny, in reality those parenting methods would have gotten him arrested.
- "FOR GOD'S SAKES, JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN NUMBER!!!"
- "I say we stay here, we hunt for jobs and we keep saving our money for the worm store. I don't know about you but I am getting sick and tired of running from creditors! I hate those guys! That's why I never went to college!"
- "So you mean Pee Stain's the dad?"
- "She gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her enough or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention. But the thing that hurt the most, she was seeing another guy. I never did find out who."
- "You know Lloyd, just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go out and do something like this, AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!"
- "Your milk bubbles look nice, Jessica."
- "Lloyd, please, shave my daughter and then I want you to bone her like a chicken cutlet. You hear me mister?"
- "What are we doing sitting around yapping? Let's eat!"
- "You knew I was crazy about Fraida Felcher, but that didn't stop you did it?!"
- "You're this close, but, there's a drawing board you should be getting back to. Next!"
- "Check out the hotties at 12:00!"
- "Good one, Captain Rob, he does look like a you-know-what."
- "Say, kids, you wouldn't happen to have a cup of warm water, would you?"
- "That was genius, Lloyd! Sheer genius! I mean, where'd you come up with a scam like that?"
- Harry has been shot twice in Dumb and Dumber when Nicholas Andre shoots him but turned out okay because he was wearing a bulletproof vest given to him by Beth Jordan, and again in Dumb and Dumber To when Adele Pinchelow tried to shoot Penny Pinchelow but this time he had to go to the hospital because he was bleeding a whole lot from the wound.